Below is a link to access our School Supply List for the 2017-18 school year. This list will also be sent to some local stores. Thanks!!
We are having issues, mainly in the afternoon during dismissal, with parking lot safety. While limited parking has been a long time issue at NPES, improvement is needed to ensure that safety is a priority. Parents and visitors are reminded that cars are not to be parked in “No Parking” areas as it blocks traffic. Also, we are having issues with unsafe speeds being used when driving through the parking lot which have almost resulted in people being hit. We need cooperation from everyone to rectify these concerns. Thanks in advance.
Parents/Guardians may view the current report card in Home Access Center (HAC) which is accessible from the Suffolk Public Schools’ and building websites. All guardians have access to academic performance in HAC with an account that was created by the division. Parents that do not know their HAC credentials must contact the school their child attends for support in gaining access to the account. Additionally, all students have been provided with an account to access their academic performance in HAC. Students will use their SPS computer credentials to access their HAC account.
Parent Pick Up Procedures
Dear NPES Families,
Welcome to a wonderful new year here at Nansemond Parkway! Please be aware that we have made some important changes to our everyday student pick up procedure so that we may continue to keep your children safe.
- Parents must enter through the front door of our school and stop at the kiosk.
- All adults wishing to pick up a student must be approved to do so as stated on the “Authorization to Pick Up” form on file. If you wish to make changes to this list, it must be done in person in the front office.
- Students picked up every day will be signed out at the kiosk where the adult’s ID will be checked. Please make sure to have it with you. As our staff gets to know you, this will not be necessary anymore.
- Any parents who arrive after 3:30 p.m. will have to wait until 3:45 p.m. for their children to be called for dismissal. This is an effort to not interrupt the remaining instructional time for the day.
- Students are called at 3:45 to come to the gym. Please arrive no later than 4:00.
- Families will not be allowed to come in the gym until after they have signed their student out at the kiosk. Please come into the gym, find your child, and retrieve them off the wall. We will no longer allow students to leave their seated area until their family member walks to them to retrieve them.
Thank you for following our new procedures and working with us to keep your children safe!
Did your child move to a new school this year? Do you want to try your hand at something new? Did you know? You can log into your Volunteer Connect account and edit your profile any time you want. Change where you want to volunteer, the types of activities, your address, phone number… Anything… Anytime…
Suffolk Public Schools needs to get permission to continue calling you with our School Messenger automated notification system for non-emergency school situations. New FCC requirements for automated calling has made this change necessary.