Parent Pick Up Procedures
Dear NPES Families,
Welcome to a wonderful new year here at Nansemond Parkway! Please be aware that we have made some important changes to our everyday student pick up procedure so that we may continue to keep your children safe.
- Parents must enter through the front door of our school and stop at the kiosk.
- All adults wishing to pick up a student must be approved to do so as stated on the “Authorization to Pick Up” form on file. If you wish to make changes to this list, it must be done in person in the front office.
- Students picked up every day will be signed out at the kiosk where the adult’s ID will be checked. Please make sure to have it with you. As our staff gets to know you, this will not be necessary anymore.
- Students are called at 3:45 to come to the gym. Please arrive no later than 4:00.
- Families will not be allowed to come in the gym until after they have signed their student out at the kiosk. Please come into the gym, find your child, and retrieve them off the wall. We will no longer allow students to leave their seated area until their family member walks to them to retrieve them.
Thank you for following our new procedures and working with us to keep your children safe!